Sunday, September 25, 2011

Rugby Classic: Part 2

Peter Pan looked at me and then looked back at the girl, "She's just a mate. Look at her hand."

I held up the hand in question, the girl glanced at it, and then looked back at Peter Pan, "Who cares, who is she?"

Peter Pan repeated, "She's just a mate. She's in town for business and she wanted to check out the Classic."

The girl shot me another dirty look and walked away.

Peter Pan and I talked again for a bit and then Bermuda made his way over to us and asked if I wanted to go and check out the games with him. We sat in the bleachers and watched a good portion of the game and then we grabbed some food since there was a huge buffet being served in the tent. Over dinner I asked him about his beard. It was huge and although we had talked about it a bit on Friday he had said there was a story behind it but the music was too loud to give me the details then. He explained to me that he had had a bet with one of the managers at his work. I didn't really understand but I told him that I didn't love the beard, it made him look a lot older than he was.

Around 4 o'clock I had to head back to the hotel and get ready for a work dinner that I was required to attend that evening. I said goodbye to Bermuda, he was back to bar tending, and he suggested that I call him after dinner because there might be an after party. I agreed.

Peter Pan walked with me to get a taxi, we said goodbye and I left.

Dinner that night was relaxed and fun. The wine with dinner was delicious and luckily I was seated at a table with some of my favourite colleagues so the conversation was entertaining. It was still a work function and so I felt a little drained from having to be 'on' at all times. We had a bus tour scheduled the next morning so most of my colleagues decided to call it an early night. I was wound up a bit from the work and still felt like I needed a break, something to destress. On my way back to my room I called Bermuda.

Me: "Hey, dinner just finished. I definitely need to get out of here, what are you up to? Can I join?"

Bermuda: "The party ended early but there are a few people over at mine. Come over. It's a bit of a ways but you can spend the night, I'll take you back to the hotel in the morning, my office is around the corner."

Me: "After your rant this morning, if I were your fiancee, how would you feel with me going to spend the night at a somewhat random male's house?"

Bermuda: "It's all good. I'll sleep on the couch and you can have my bed. Just come over, it'll be a good time."

I really wanted to get out and the thought of hanging out with people my age and enjoying the rest of the evening was exactly what I needed. I agreed and got the directions to his place. I went to my room, grabbed an overnight bag, decided not to change out of my dinner outfit and left.

The taxi driver knew where we were going and dropped me off in the lane. I called Bermuda to tell him that I was there, he said that he would come out and meet me. I walked towards the house listening to the tree frogs singing in the trees, it was really a nice night.

Bermuda came around the corner and as soon as a I saw him I blurted out, "Your beard! You got rid of it!" He just smiled and told me that I looked nice. He took my bag from me and we walked inside.

Instead of going to the living room where clearly a lot of people were, based on the noise, he took me to his room, closed the door and locked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment