Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Are you there?

 Officially The Ex and I ended things on Saturday May 1st, 2010. I had started to sort through things on the Sunday and was planning on continuing to do so in the upcoming week. One thing I was trying to work through was when exactly should I message Bermuda. I thought it was best to wait at least a week or two but then on Monday morning at 10am I pressed send on my first message. I simply couldn't help myself.

My e-mail:
Good morning :)

So it's been 34 days since my last e-mail... not quite the 2 months I had hoped for. I have my reasons.

I have a few questions for you, would you be up for answering them?

W

I waited anxiously to see if he would reply. Less than two minutes later his name popped up in my inbox.

Bermuda:
Go for it.

Me:
Are you currently single?

Bermuda:
I am

Me:
I wanted to check that one before asking the others...

Did you mean it when you told me that seeing me again was not out of the cards?

Obviously certain circumstances made that comment a moot point, but I need to know if you were sincere.
 
Bermuda:
I did at the time. I'm not entirely sure what your situation is at the moment so it may still stand.

Me: 
Fair enough answer.

Two more and I'm done.

You mentioned in passing that you may be in Montreal for rugby. Is this still the case? If yes, when you be there?

Bermuda:
Yeah, unfortunately I'm not able to head out on tour. [...]

What's your home situation? 

Me:
[...]Sorry to hear about the tour. [...]

Please clarify what you're asking.

Bermuda:
Well I'm asking if you're still wearing a ring.

Me:
No ring.

Bermuda:
I apologise for my part in the "No Ring" situation.

Me:
No apologies needed, but thank you anyway. [...]

I still have one more question.

Clearly things are s*%t in my world right now. I once said that I wouldn't invite myself, I really don't give a f about manners at the moment. I need something to look forward to and I need to get away. Can I come and see you?

Bermuda:
Sure you can come and visit.

And in one short hour Bermuda and I were right back to where things had so abruptly ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment