Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Gossip

I thought it was a little odd to be locking the door, but it was only a latch lock and something that I could easily undo, so I wasn't alarmed. I quickly realized why he'd locked the door.

We settled on his bed and had just started talking about the rest of our afternoons and evenings when the muffled noises from the living room got louder. There were people heading towards the bedroom and they were being loud. Someone pounded heavily on the door, "Hey Bermuda, you coming to...." another voice started talking over the first and with the Bermudian accents and multiple voices talking and laughing I didn't really follow what exactly they were asking. Bermuda paused, looked at me with a smile and then replied with a "No, I'm out." There was definitely some laughter, one more pound on the door and then we heard them walk back to the living room.

With the brief interruption over we went back to talking about the rest of the rugby matches and my work dinner. I told Bermuda about the one girl that had come up to Peter Pan and had asked him about me. He surprised me by saying, "Yeah, I'd heard about that." I gave him a quizzical look, he shrugged and then explained that the girl who was asking the questions was roommates with a girl he had been "sort of" dating. And then the light bulb went on.

Me: "You mean the girl you got the phone call about on Friday night?"

Bermuda: "You remembered that?"

Me: "I was right beside you when you got the call. I didn't really get what you were talking about then but now it's starting to make a bit more sense. What happened?"

Bermuda explained to me that he had hooked up and hung out with this girl a few times. He was not looking for anything serious, he just wanted to date casually, and he had shared this with her. Apparently in her attempt to keep things casual she thought it would be okay for her to give one of his friends a blow job. After the phone call on the Friday night he had gone to talk with her Saturday (yesterday) to call her out on said hook up. Things did not go well,  and after their "discussion" they were no longer seeing each other and pretty much not on speaking terms. Bermuda then explained that because their discussion got a bit heated and tears were involved, she had been too upset and embarrassed to come into the rugby tent that afternoon with him in there. Apparently having me wrapped around him behind the bar had made things worse and that was why her roommate had come over to investigate.

The dirty look and comments now made a whole lot more sense. I found it a little funny that I had caused drama without having a clue that any of this was going on.

Bermuda and I talked for another hour or two about life in general, what we had been up to, plans that we had for the future and about the travels we had done and still wanted to do. Our conversation was great and came so easily.

It was pushing 1am and after drinking all day (and still feeling buzzed) and the fact that we both had to work in the morning we decided to call it a night. All of the friends were still in the living room, although they had quieted down quite a bit by this point. I quickly snuck into the washroom to do the whole before bed routine and change into my pajamas. With the couches in the living room all occupied, Bermuda was in his bed when I came back. I crawled in next to him but up against the far wall. We said goodnight, and I rolled over to face the wall and settle in. His bed was comfy.

Just as I had started to relax and drift off Bermuda shot his arm out across the gap between us, wrapped it around my waist and yanked me back and up against him.

My heart was just pounding.

No comments:

Post a Comment