Thursday, September 22, 2011

Rugby Classic: Part 1

I checked my messages and it was Bermuda letting me know that he had gone out for a smoke but the bouncer wouldn't let him back in the bar. He asked me to call him if I got the message. I did. He was on his way home and asked if I was able to go out again while I was down. I mentioned that Sunday during the day I was free and he invited me to the World Rugby Classic. His rugby team had a tent and he thought I might enjoy it.

Sunday he came to get me around 11am. I brought breakfast; tea and muffins. It was really fun riding around on the back of his scooter, I felt very European. We stopped at the rugby club first because there were a few people meeting him there to grab tickets. He and I sat out front eating breakfast and chatting for about an hour. Our next stop was a detour to his place. He changed and offered me a team jersey to wear as well, but I passed. We took a taxi to the event.

On the way we had a lively debate about engagements and marriage and Bermuda also commented that I wasn't as happy about being engaged as he thought I should be. We also talked about fidelity, relationships in general and then we moved on to lighter topics.

Upon arrival I realized that we were the organizers of the event and I was promptly put to work helping move tables and set up banners. I met a lot of people and was enjoying the team spirit. Peter Pan showed up a little after us and I spent time working with him as well. He introduced me to a few people, some of the girls on the team, which was really nice.

Once everything was set up it was time to drink! Bermuda was bartender for the beginning of the event so I chatted with Peter Pan and a few of his friends. We eventually went out to watch the opening match. I got a little cold so I wandered back to where Bermuda was and went and cuddled against him behind the bar.

We were having a great time with him being the left hand and me being the right hand and I did eventually warm up. It was my first time ever being a bartender, a very fun experience.

Eventually Bermuda was called to other duties and I rejoined Peter Pan's group. A new girl walked up to Peter Pan and without looking at me hissed in his ear,

"Who is she and why is she with Bermuda?"

No comments:

Post a Comment