Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The morning after

Sure enough the alarm went off at 7am. Bermuda rolled out of bed with a groan.

Me: "Wake me up when you're ready to go."

I moved over to his side of the bed and wrapped the covers around me as he walked out. I woke up again when he came back in around 8am. He opened the door, saw me peeking out at him from the covers and his eyes went wide, I'm not really sure why.

Bermuda: "I'm going to get dressed and then we have to leave in about 15."

Me: "Okay. I'll be ready"

Bermuda as he sat down on the bed: "What should I wear today?"

Me: "That blue shirt and tie and a suit!" I gave him a mega watt smile on this one.

Bermuda: "I'm too tired to come up with better, aright."

While he got dressed I got ready too, I had brought a change of clothes. Whether from lack of sleep, adrenaline or shock I was shaking.

When we'd gotten ourselves together we left the house to get on his scooter. It was a gloriously beautiful day. The sun was rising and it was warm. We started on our way, Bermuda in his suit, my overnight bag at his feet and me wrapped around him on the back of the bike. He lighted a cigarette as we drove and I was just awestruck at the view. He took me along a road that overlooked the ocean and with the sun rising and waters sparkling I was stunned.

Me: "Wow. This is just so beautiful. I feel like I'm in Europe only it's better."

Bermuda: "Yeah, I'm feeling a bit Italian at the moment, scooter, smoke and taking a perfectly respectable girl home in the morning."

To this day the ride that morning is still the most romantic moment of my life.

We pulled into the back parking lot of the hotel. I got off the bike and handed him my helmet.

Me: "I'll message you later, we should go out again"

Bermuda: "Okay."

I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek, said goodbye and ran back to my hotel room to shower and get ready for my meetings to start.

All I knew was that I wanted to see him again and soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment