Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The bachelorette party!!! - Part 2

I was beyond relieved when I met up with all my friends at the airport. There was BFF1 and BFF2 along with Girlfriend A and Girlfriend B. Some of my closest friends and we had 4 days of fun in Chicago.

Once we landed I started taking some super cheesy videos of us in the taxi to our hotel. We were all laughing and having fun despite the early morning. Once we all got checked in, we took a tour of the hotel and decided to head out shopping. We all love shopping in the USA, more selection and, generally speaking, much better prices as well.

After hours and hours of perusing the mall we headed back to the hotel to get ready for a night on the town. BBF1 and I went down to get some ice for our pre-drinking/get-ready party and on the way to the elevator I told her that essentially The Ex and I broke the night before. She looked at me with big eyes and asked if I was okay. I told her that I was okay and that we had decided to wait until I got back to make an official decision but things were really, really bad. I also said that I was grateful for this weekend with the girls as a distraction. She nodded.

Back in the room we all got dolled up. I had on the usual little black dress and BFF2 did my makeup. On top of little black dress I had a hot pink sash with Bachelorette sprawled across it and a tiara.

The concierge recommended a club and off we went.

The night was an absolute gong show and ended earlier than expected with a few of the girls a little worse for wear. This blog is about me and boys, so I will gloss over the details.

Our alarm clocks went off very early the next morning because that was the morning we were going to see Oprah! This was truly a moment for the history books. After a quick start and making our way to the studio we actually had to wait 4 hours before the show started but I will never forget that day for as long as I live.

We ended up in seats at the very back of the studio, probably as far away from Oprah as possible. The moment she walked out on stage though, I was done for. I was grinning ear to ear and crying all at the same time. It was one of those perfect moments when you know one of your dreams just came true.

Oprah was wearing a really cute orange dress with a brown belt cinched at the waist and the show was about surprising people. Justin Timberlake, Cher, and Will I Am were featured, and then at the end Usher came out and performed Oh My Gosh. It was a crazy high energy moment and I am SO grateful to my friends for getting me tickets. Totally the experience of a lifetime. Definitely a bright, shining spot in a time of darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment