Thursday, November 17, 2011

The breaking point - Part 1

By the beginning of April almost everything was complete and booked for the wedding. I had ordered my dress in October, the church and reception hall were confirmed, we'd done our tasting and chosen the food that would be served. The decorations, photography, flowers, tuxes and bridesmaid dresses chosen. The only thing left was to actually do up the invitations and mail them out.

The first weekend in April was our Stag and Doe. A Canadian Stag and Doe is basically a party to help raise money for the couple and their wedding. There were drinks and dinner served and then lots of games and an auction.

The Ex and I weren't happy about the Stag and Doe only because things had been so tense between us. But our wedding party and parents had done a beautiful job of putting it together. There were well over 125+ people that came out to support us and it was a really great time visiting with everyone. The auction/draw was the highlight. The Ex and I went back and forth drawing out names and it was a lot of fun giving away all of the prizes.

At the end of the evening I got up and thanked everyone for coming. I took an extra minute to thank the wedding party and our families for all of their support. I enjoy public speaking so it was logical for me to be the one to do this. Afterwards I felt terrible because I had forgotten to thank my aunt and uncle who had also put in a lot of time and effort into helping my parents with the event. I sent them a special note afterwards and felt better.

The Stag and Doe was the hardest thing to get through because at this point only my two best friends had any idea things were not okay between The Ex and I. Everyone else thought that we were the happy and excited couple that we were presenting.

One thing I had gotten really good at was faking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment