Monday, November 14, 2011

The reply

When his e-mail popped up in my inbox I just sat there staring at it for a good 5 minutes. I must have looked like a complete idiot with my mouth open and eyes wide. To say that I was shocked was a complete and utter understatement.

After taking a few deep breaths I clicked on it.

Hi Wendy,

Really shouldn't be replying to this but here we go.

Wow. He replied! That's all I could think. The e-mail was actually cut-off and about 5 minutes later I received another e-mail from him with the rest of the e-mail. He had answered every single one of my questions and even comment on a few things. I was still in shock.

I read and re-read his e-mail dozens of times. It took a lot of will-power but I didn't reply until the next day, my birthday. He replied to that e-mail as well wishing me a happy birthday and I sent him one more. In my last e-mail I told him that I was going to aim for another 2 months before e-mailing him again. I needed to have a goal to aim for otherwise I was just going to keep messaging him.

After the massive fight with The Ex in February and all the nasty things he had said to me, the fact that Bermuda replied to my e-mail changed my feelings even more. Maybe The Ex had been lying to me? Like he had with so many other things. Definitely something I needed to explore with my therapist.

No comments:

Post a Comment